BIOGRAPHY OF REV. NEIL E. FYE
Rev. Neil E. Fye (1915 - 2003) graduated from Nyack College in 1940 and began ministry in the Central District where he served as a pastor for 17 years in Grafton, WV; Dover, OH; Wadsworth, OH; and Cincinnati, OH. He served in the district office for 22 years, from 1958 until 1980. Rev. Fye was elected as the first superintendent of the ‘new’ Central District, and served 15 years in that capacity.
Rev. Fye had a burden for young men who are training for ministry and mentored many young pastors through the years.
SCHOLARSHIP FUND PURPOSE
The purpose is to encourage and financially support our Central District young men and women who are studying in seminary to prepare for serving God in full-time ministry. Full time ministry is defined as pastor, youth pastor, international worker and evangelist.
To be eligible for a scholarship a student must:
1. Be accepted and matriculated into a masters degree level program at an approved Christian university.
This is not intended for those seeking their doctorate degree.
2. Be a full-time student as determined by the institution.
3. Maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale).
4. Be an active member or active adherent of a C&MA church in the Central District.
5. No individual may receive more than three years of scholarships.
The scriptural teachings declared in Ezra 7:10, Romans 12:1-2, and II Timothy 2:15 exhort us to promote Christian education. The Central District wishes to support higher education provided by evangelical seminaries. Our desire is to have these scholars prepare for meaningful Christian living and fruitful Christian service.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Applications for scholarship must be submitted by June 1 for the following academic year.
2. A copy of the student’s most recent academic transcript with his/her cumulative grade point average posted must also be submitted for each year of application.
3. Applications and academic transcripts are to be sent to the Central District office (Scholarship Committee).
The Scholarship Committee will be appointed by the District Executive Committee. The roles to be performed by the committee are as follows:
a. To annually determine the amount of the scholarship award.
b. To determine scholarship eligibility of applicants.
1. Applicants will be notified in writing regarding acceptance or denial by July 31.
2. Payment of scholarship awards will be made during the semester or quarter of the student’s choice.
3. Payment will be made directly to the accounting office of the seminary that the student is attending.
Contributions to the scholarship fund may be sent to: Central District Office
1231 High Street Wadsworth, OH 44281
Please note “Neil Fye Scholarship Fund.”