Considering Vocational Ministry?
While every follower of Christ is a minister, God directs some into leadership roles to oversee ministry and equip lay people to do the ministry work God has prepared them to do (Ephesians 4:11-12). We pray daily for God to send laborers for the disciple-making work He has commanded His church to do, so we are daily looking for leaders. If you are interested in vocational ministry, take some time to read through the qualifications listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7. Assuming you meet the qualifications, we encourage you to follow the steps below to become accredited with the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
How to Become Accredited with the Christian and Missionary Alliance
If you sense a call to ministry and would like to pursue an opportunity to serve with the Christian and Missionary Alliance, here are the steps to take.
- Begin the process by going to www.cmalliance.org/serve and fill out the next steps form. During this phase you can also get to know about the C&MA, our values and mission.
- Contact the Central District Office at email@example.com to schedule a pre-accreditation interview with a representative of LO&CC.
- Once you are ready, we will lead you through an online application to be accredited for ministry with the C&MA.
- Accreditation Interview. Following completion of the online application, an accreditation interview by C&MA leadership may be scheduled with you and your spouse (if married). The interview will last approximately one and a half hours and will include topics such as: conversion to Christ, call to ministry, personal and spiritual development, gifts and skills in ministry, scriptural and doctrinal knowledge, C&MA theology and polity, and lifestyle matters.
- Following the interview by the Licensing, Ordination, and Consecration Council of the district an accreditation decision will be given.
- If you are approved for accreditation, you may submit your resume to the district superintendent for consideration within the Central District. Other superintendents may also be contacted for positions within their district as well.