New Official Worker Orientation 2017 - Sunday, Monday October 22-23 at Beulah Beach, Vermilion, Ohio
Ordination / Consecration Conference 2017 - Monday, Tuesday October 23-24 at Beulah Beach, Vermilion, Ohio
District Evangelism Training - CrossPoint Alliance Church, Akron, Ohio - Saturday, February 4, 2017
Growing A Healthy Church - New London Alliance Church, New London, Ohio - Saturday, March 18, 2017 AND Saturday,
Ordination / Consecration Written Exams - Central District Office - Tuesday, May 9, 2017
Ordination / Consecration Oral Exams - Central District Office - Monday, Tuesday, May 12-13, 2017
Evangelism/Church Health Training:
The candidate shall provide evidence of having completed training in personal evangelism or be required to attend an evangelism training seminar approved by the district superintendent and the LO&CC. (For example: Our District evangelism course, Evangelism Explosion, Sharing Jesus Naturally, The Way of the Master, Eternal CPR, etc.)
Church Health Training
The candidate shall attend the “Growing a Healthy Church” training which is offered by the district annually.
Candidates may fulfill the Missions Awareness requirement in one of several ways:
- Complete the Strategies in Mission course offered by the C&MA (http://www.cmalliance.org/resources/church/strategies-in-mission). The cost is $100.
- Attend a Perspectives course in person. Auditing it is acceptable. The cost is $250.
- If available, take the Perspectives program online (www.perspectives.org). The cost is $250.
- Read the “Certificate Level” reading requirements in the textbook “Perspectives on the World Christian Movement” and complete the appropriate interactive worksheets.
- Provide a certified transcript from an approved C&MA educational institution, Christian college, or seminary, as evidence that at least one introductory college-level course on world missions has been completed.
Leading from Your Strengths Assessment:
In the second year of the ordination process the candidate shall be required to take an online assessment called Leading from Your Strengths. This assessment can be found at http://www.ministryinsights.com/leaders/leading-from-your-strengths-profile/. There is some expense for this and it is the candidate’s responsibility. Assessment results are to be shared and discussed with the candidate’s mentor and a copy should also be forwarded to the district office.
Alliance Polity Course
If the Polity Course has not been completed prior to placement or fulfilled in previous educational experience, then the course must be completed as outlined in the Program/Checklist for Ordination and Consecration document.
For information and registration for the online course go to: www.leadcma.org/polity. The cost is $100.