By Rev. Todd Sovine, Director of Church Planting
The King’s words in Acts 1:8 still stand for all of us.
“You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and the ends of the earth”.
If you’re interested in further exploration of this invitation and these responsibilities from the King, keep the verse in mind while exploring the following:
- Yours or His?
- Normal or rare?
- Living in it or longing for it?
- Regularly or rarely?
- Why or why not?
- Do you plead and long or passively and haphazardly wait?
- There is no out! “You will be” when the power and presence are real.
- It is not a matter of want to, it will be a matter of, “I can’t help but...”
- It is a four-fold ownership of responsibility.
It’s not one after the other, but all at the same time.
- Those around you
- Those like you, but distant
- Those different from you, but close
- Those different and distant from you
Push beyond a truncated sense of responsibility!
DON’T FORGET THE MIDDLE (Judea & Samaria)! Don’t let the enemy own the land!
- Identify your Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and the ends of the earth.
- Ask the Lord for His heart for your Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and the ends of the earth.
- Push back the darkness with all the power that is yours in Christ Jesus.